Snow Sports Forecast 2014
What’s this winter’s snow forecast (rumors) for South West Colorado?
Farmers Alemannic, Colorado winter’s snow forecast:
- “Snowier” than normal winter.
- Below normal temps.
- April and May are predicated to be drier than normal
Accuweather, Colorado winter’s snow forecast:
- Frequent precipitation – Due to changing H20 temps in the Pacific North West.
- The Pacific H20 temp. change may result in active jet streams moving further south bringing multiple-week snow storm patterns.
Meteorologist Rob Guarina, Colorado winter’s snow forecast:
- Storms will come from, “a weak El Nino, an active Southern jet stream, or both.”
- Additional moisture from the south could produce 15”+ snow storms on the South West San Juans
- Most forecast models leaning toward a moderate to weak El Nino winter
Monarch Mountain already has a 33” base
Telluride Ski Resort has a rumored 30-40” base